Saturday, April 7, 2007

Alice in the Desert

Walking between the apple trees, suddenly I found myself on the middle of the desert.

A cat, with deep blue eyes, welcomed me with a warm smiling.

He said, in a sweet voice, that I am in the Afeghanistan desert. I could feel the sand hitting my face and the sun burning my skin. But I don’t really care, ’cos the wild cat keeps our conversation intelligent and fascinating that I am oblivious to everything else.

I listen to his stories about mermaids in love and the moon’s bastard son. He entertains me, has a contagious laughter and a dervishes wisdom. He sings songs and amuses me with his sweet words.

He pulls out a small box from his pocket – yeah! He wears camouflage pants! When he opens the box, a gold powder, shinny like the sunlight, cover my face. He put away the rest of the powder in the box. Says it will be used on my next visit. I feel dizzy, nimble and my heart full of happiness.

I close my eyes with pure ecstasy. Feel someone touching my shoulder. I open my eyes and find myself next to the apple tree. I can feel the green grass under my feet. The reality is green, but the desire is dry and warm. Between my fingers some grains of golden sand.

No comments: