Saturday, April 7, 2007

Twilight

In the city, amid noises, I see the lights blurred. Not clear at all, completely distorted. I squint, trying to see clearly. Total myopia. That always happens in this time, when the two worlds meet each other. The brightness and the darkness. The twilight. Totally without focus, I realize that what I was searching were only flashes of a distant dream. The images of the city and his blurred smile become one distant image.

Now I see it distorted, wrapped in a fog of sarcasm.

I try to squint again trying now to find something besides those cold words. No, without answer. The distance is still the same. I try one more time, grabbing the hope and the memory of a happy day.

Funny faces and mouths. Of sweetness..... No. I do not see any more..... It was disappearing, as well as the sun in the twilight and the arrival of the night.

No comments: